People usually do not prefer staying in Agra for a longer period of time because their lack of knowledge of the various places that they could visit. However, apart from the world famous Taj Mahal, there are number of other interesting remnants of early era of Mughal that are really surprisingly beautiful. From city life, to congested bazaars, you get to feel the soul of the mysterious country India and its people, culture and tradition.
Given below are 10 assorted places that you can visit upon availing affordable Agra tour packages are as follows:
- Taj Mahal: A trip to Agra is absolutely incomplete with a visit to the magnificent epitome of love, the Taj Mahal. Beautifully built of white marble and various stones, the whole monument speaks of the richness and culture of the Mughal era.
- Agra Fort: One of the most eminent buildings of the Mughal time, Agra Fort is a wonderful construction which was held by the Rajputana clan and subsequently was captured by Emperor Akbar. From courtyards to towers and halls, you get to see different things in the place.
- Memtabh Bagh: For an alternative aspect of the beautiful Taj Mahal, visit the beautiful Memtabh Bagh which is also known as “The Moonlight Garden”. Situated just opposite of the mausoleum, the garden is open to visit till sunset.
- Sheroes Handout: Away from the hustle bustle of the city, Sheroes hangout is a café which is filled with groovy graffiti and is run by survivors of number of horrifying acid attack. A great place to hangout, the café is a great place to witness inspiration and courage.
- Old City: Tangled in the narrow lanes of stalls and shops, get to know the real soul of the people of the city by visiting the old city. From traditional arts to jewellery, spices and clothes, you get to buy various things from the bazaars here.
- Kachhpura Village: A village made for the purpose of tourism and improve the living condition of villagers; Kachhpura village is an excellent place to visit. You get to visit number of monuments there and also experience the rural life over there.
- Taj Nature Walk: Away from the crowd of Taj Mahal, Taj Nature gives you the opportunity to enjoy the reserve forest around enjoy the rich flowers and fruit trees.
- Wildlife SOS: For all the animal lovers, you can visit the Bear rescue centre in Agra is a great place to visit. The zoo also houses number of sloth and also has a bird sanctuary inside it. The place has elephant conservation as well.
- Fatehpur Sikri: A top destination to visit, Fatehpur Sikri was a capital city of the Mughal Empire. With number of palaces and mosques, Fatehpur Sikri can be a great place for a one day Agra tour.
- Tomb of Akbar the Great: To witness the burial of great emperor, you can visit the Tomb of Akbar the Great. Beautifully built, the place gives you every reason to believe the richness and culture of Mughal era.